Although online training software has been around since the early 2000s, its popularity has greatly increased over the past few years due to workers spending more time working remotely and wanting ways to obtain knowledge outside of day-to-day work hours. If you are unaware of the benefits of using online instructor-led training to train your employees, read more below.
Online Instructor-Led Training
Training that is completing online by an instructor has the following features and benefits:
- allows for many students or workers to be trained in a single location while at the same time learning from an online instructor.
- provides easy access to these types of courses by providing users with recorded sessions featuring an experienced instructor who is available during set office hours for questions, comments, suggestions, interviews, or requests.
- helps instructors to teach their students live via video conferences rather than using prerecorded blackboard lessons which are often boring and less effective.
- primarily designed for use in the corporate environment to help companies train employees on new software, hardware, or processes.
- used in K-12 schools by teachers who want to teach online in real-time via video conference calls rather than being limited to free web conferencing tools which have very limited features.
-helps with bringing traditional classrooms into the 21st century through increasing access, improving retention of content, and increased engagement among students.
- aids students in learning when it's convenient for them: at their own pace with flexible times so they don't have to miss work or school.
- enables students around the world to take classes from notable universities such as Harvard, Yale, MIT, and Stanford by allowing students to attend lectures in real-time.
- enables improved communication between an instructor and their students with features such as whiteboards, online chat capabilities through instant messaging, video calling, and group video calling.
- allows students to take notes on a virtual blackboard while listening attentively rather than taking detailed notes during a lecture from beginning to end or writing down audience questions without being able to ask them right away.
- often used in conjunction with Online Instructor-Led Training (OLPT) which includes webinars, recorded sessions via Virtual Classroom Software, and Virtual Training.
- reduces travel costs for both workers and instructors by allowing them to teach from different parts of the world without physically traveling there which is cheaper, faster, and more convenient than using traditional methods.
- used by Fortune 500 companies such as Apple, Google, IBM, Disney, AT&T, British Petroleum (BP) among many others across a variety of industries including education, energy production, and distribution, among others.
- used by top universities around the world to increase their global reach and allow students from all walks of life access to education
- allows instructors the freedom of multi-tasking without being chained to a blackboard or podium
- used in pilot programs to increase student performance
- has been proven to significantly improve student learning
We Can Help
ReadyTech provides companies and employees with a hosted training solution that offers hands-on, virtual training software to aid employees in practicing job skills. Companies that invest in employee training benefit from reduced attrition rates and hiring costs, better productivity, more knowledgeable employees, and a competitive hiring environment.
ReadyTech provides you with all the software you need for your virtual classroom, and we offer a full-service setup process as well as 24/7 live support. Contact us today.